Ps 91 (NKJV)

3 Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler, and from the perilous pestilence.4 He shall cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you shall take refuge; His truth shall be your shield and buckler.5 You shall not be afraid of the terror by night, nor of the arrow that flies by day,6 nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness, nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.

Monday, September 17, 2012

Review: "Christmas Roses" by Amanda Cabot


I have read a number of Amanda Cabot's books before and have loved them all. This one is special to my heart and it will be a book that I keep to reread repetitively, for a lot of reasons.

I, like Celia, love roses. Can you tell by my blog background and picture in the heading? No? What about the title? Or perhaps the quote? And I love Christmas. Nothing on my blog right now Christmas related (except this book, and it's not all centered around the holiday either), but soon (check after Thanksgiving).

Anyway, I knew as soon as I saw the title I wanted to read this book. Roses at Christmastime in 1882? How is that possible? It is and Amanda made me a believer. I'm not going to give it away as I hate spoilers. You'll just have to read it to believe it.

Back cover:

Celia Anderson doesn't need anything for Christmas except a few more boarders, which are hard to come by in this small mining town. She certainly doesn't have a husband on her Christmas wish list. But when a wandering carpenter finds lodging at her boarding house, she admits that she might remarry if she found the right man--the kind of man who would bring her roses for Christmas. It would take a miracle to get roses during a harsh Wyoming winter. But Christmas, after all, is the time for miracles . . . 

Purchase it at Amazon and help support this blog.

Blessings,
Ginger

2 comments:

  1. Oh! Sounds intriguing. I LOVE Christmas, and stories that center around it are perfect for a snowy night by the tree, right? Great review, Ginger:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Susan. I appreciate your comments, and this is a perfect book for snuggling with a cup of hot tea/coffee/hot chocolate and your favorite blankie.

    Ginger

    ReplyDelete

I hope you have been blessed by my blog. Thank you for your comments.