Is it Mystery, Marriage, Money, Magic or Marshmallows?
Well today I decided to have FUN - so it's going to be Marshmallows!!!!
What are Marshmallows - besides yuMMy? According to Alton Brown they contain gelatin, water, sugar, corn syrup, salt, vanilla extract, confectioner's sugar, and cornstarch - sometimes with added coloring. According to Wikipedia (and we know that is always a reliable source - LOL) marshmallows were probably a medicinal substance made from the root of ...you guessed it...the Marshmallow plant. It was used to treat sore throats. The original Marshmallow - used as a candy - dates back to ancient Egypt. :-)
Okay, enough history. What can be done with a Marshmallow? 8-) Here are a few of our favorites (disclaimer: I do not support, nor did I completely check out all of these pages):
- S'mores - YuMMy and they can be done indoors. Click Indoor S'mores for the recipe.
- Rice Krispie Treats - they never last long at my house. Here's a link for that recipe: http://www.ricekrispies.com/recipes/the-original-treats.aspx#/recipes/the-original-treats
- Golden Graham Treats - oh yeah, not as popular, but oh so good! Check it out here: Golden Graham Treats
- Topping to hot cocoa
- build candy snowmen Marshmallow-Snowmen
- and the marshmallow shooter :-) Marshmallow Shooter Instructions on YouTube
Personally, I like to eat Marshmallows plain, straight from the bag. How about you? How does your family like their Marshmallows?