Ps 91 (NKJV)

3 Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler, and from the perilous pestilence.4 He shall cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you shall take refuge; His truth shall be your shield and buckler.5 You shall not be afraid of the terror by night, nor of the arrow that flies by day,6 nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness, nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 in Review and What's New for 2014

What a year. This time last year I had no clue what the year would hold. It's been a time of growth, the end of seasons, and some heartache.

I posted two goals last year: "lose weight (which will require I get off my backside and exercise), and take the plunge by sending out my writing to agents." I'm sad to say that while I did lose fifteen pounds in the spring, I gained much of it back over the summer and fall, and I never did get my writing sent to agents.

However, I DID do a few things:

  • sold my horses - bittersweet
  • sold a novel - to be released in 2014
  • read over 200 new books - I lost track after August, so this is just an estimate
  • started my 16th year of homeschooling
  • went to Blue Ridge Mountains Christian Writers Conference - had an absolutely wonderful time and met some new friends
  • joined Writing Prompts & Thoughts & Ideas... Oh My! as a co-blogger
  • found a wonderful critique group
  • loved my family
  • tried some new recipes - some winners, some losers
  • made new friends
  • started a Twitter account - @GingerS219
  • started a Pinterest account - GingerSolomon - it's still really new, so there's not much there

Some things I hope to do in 2014:
  • laugh more
  • love better
  • live life to the fullest
  • lose weight
  • lift up the glorious name of Jesus without reservation
  • leave behind the insecurities and send the MS I've been working on for eight months
Today is your last chance to comment to win books in my New Year Giveaway. If you haven't been keeping up, shame on you. :)  However, you can find out about the books and giveaway here.

What did you do in 2013 that you are proud to say you did or name one thing you'd like to accomplish in 2014?

Blessings,

4 comments:

  1. You go, Ginger! Glad to have you as a fellow Crew member :) Get that manuscript out the door. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer. I appreciate your encouragement. Back at ya! :)

      Delete
  2. I Love your intentions for 2014. I'm proud of the way I finished my caregiving job and became more accountable in my writing. And for 2014, my goal is to become more prolific in my writing...and paid for it! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paid for it. Wouldn't that be wonderful - getting paid to do something we love? :)

      Delete

I hope you have been blessed by my blog. Thank you for your comments.