Ps 91 (NKJV)

3 Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler, and from the perilous pestilence.4 He shall cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you shall take refuge; His truth shall be your shield and buckler.5 You shall not be afraid of the terror by night, nor of the arrow that flies by day,6 nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness, nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.

Monday, November 5, 2012

Review: A Bride Sews with Love in Needles, California by Erica Vetsch



A Bride Sews with Love in Needles, California
by Erica Vetsch

I must admit that I've loved every Harvey Girl novel I've read and this one is no exception. I have had the feeling of never measuring up to someone else's expectation, no matter how hard I tried. I commiserated with Meghan. On the other hand, I also understand what it's like to have a secret that you don't want anyone to know about because of how it will change their perspective, just like Caleb. Ms. Vetsch's writing touched me in several different ways with this novel and I'm sure it'll touch you too.

Back cover:
When her brother is injured fighting in France, Meghan enlists her fellow Harvey Girl waitresses to sew a Red Cross signature quilt to raise money for wounded doughboys. Local horse breeder Caleb McBride longs to join the battle, but the army won’t take him. Because he has kept his shameful infirmity a secret, the townsfolk have labeled him a coward and war profiteer. When Meghan uncovers his malady, her poor opinion of Caleb unravels. Can this beautiful seamstress find a way to mend his heart?
Rating: 4 stars

Click link to order and support this blog.

A Bride Sews with Love in Needles, California 

Blessings,
Ginger

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you have been blessed by my blog. Thank you for your comments.