Ps 91 (NKJV)

3 Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler, and from the perilous pestilence.4 He shall cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you shall take refuge; His truth shall be your shield and buckler.5 You shall not be afraid of the terror by night, nor of the arrow that flies by day,6 nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness, nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Q is for Quotes


Q is for Quotes and Questions

I decided today would be a good day for some quotes.

“Some people grumble because roses have thorns; I am thankful that the thorns have roses. ”

Jean-Baptiste Alphonse Karr (1808-1890);Critic, Journalist, Novelist.
--I have this one posted at the top of this blog. It has been one of my favorite for a long time. It reminds me to be thankful for the good in the midst of the bad.


A friend is one who knows you and loves you just the same.

Elbert Hubbard (1856-1915)US Author

"For I hold you by your right hand--I, the Lord your God. I say to you, 'Don't be afraid. I am here to help you.'"
 Isaiah 41:13(NLT)
--I have this one posted as a sticky note on my monitor. It helps me to remember that even though I doubt my ability to write, he has given me the stories. My only job is to obey.


...And so I'm seriously late getting this out. Tuesday came and went in a heartbeat, I think. I didn't even remember until last night in church. 

Why is it that I always remember stuff while in the middle of listening to my pastor preach? I know I can't be the only one.

Occasionally questions occur to me that I'd like to ask God and get a verbal answer. Of course, now that I'm sitting here writing this I can't remember one. Sometimes, though, I wonder why God continues to love us. We continually throw that love back in his face, not just as a world, or nation, or even a church, but as individuals. I can see in my past where I've done it a number of times. So my one question of the day is...God, why do you still love me?

If you had one question you'd like to ask God, what would it be?

Blessings,
Ginger







2 comments:

  1. I nearly did mine on 'quotes,' too! What question would I like to ask God? Hmm. Was creating mosquitoes REALLY necessary?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good one Valerie. I'm curious about that too. :)

    ReplyDelete

I hope you have been blessed by my blog. Thank you for your comments.