Ps 91 (NKJV)

3 Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler, and from the perilous pestilence.4 He shall cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you shall take refuge; His truth shall be your shield and buckler.5 You shall not be afraid of the terror by night, nor of the arrow that flies by day,6 nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness, nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Review: "Just a Little Faith" by Amy J. Norris



As a friend of Amy's I've been waiting expectantly for this book for months. I was not disappointed.

I started yesterday afternoon, ready for an evening "get-away." I read for several hours, though it seemed like minutes. I took a break to watch TV with my husband. Later as he drifted off to sleep, I opened my kindle and began where I had left off. The next time I looked at the clock it was thirty minutes past my bedtime. I put down the book with some hesitation, but knew I needed sleep. This morning I woke up and looked at the clock--an hour before I needed to get up, but "Just a Little Faith" was on my mind. I couldn't go back to sleep. I got up and finished this wonderfully written novel before I had to start my day.

Now before you think I'm biased, I don't think I am. Not that much anyway. I know a good book when I read one and this is a good book. I wouldn't be posting a review if I didn't think so. I'm not that kind of reviewer. I will tell you about quality stories, and keep silent about the ones I don't care for--notice I didn't say they were bad. A good story is in the eye of the reader.

I truly enjoyed "Just a Little Faith." You don't have to enjoy sports to get sucked into this book, though one of the main characters is a pro-baseball player. What you do have to enjoy is a strong helping of romance with an inspirational flare.

Here's the blurb:

An opportunity for love and a challenge of faith.

Paxson Taylor’s recent relocation to St. Louis leads her to a life different from what she’s experienced in the past. Through her work with a small charity, she meets and attracts the attention of professional baseball player, Sebastian Quinn. Flattered, Pax tempers her desire for the handsome playboy with her need to serve her God—a God Seb doesn’t believe exists. Through unspeakable tragedy, they grow closer and with disappointment, drift apart. How can two people from opposite ends of the faith spectrum reconnect when they need each other most?

I just know you're interested now, so click HERE to purchase this book.


Blessings,
Ginger

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for your review Ginger. I am glad you enjoyed the book and I appreciate your willingness to share your opinion with others. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, loved the book! Just wish it were in print to share with several who don't do ebooks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like a good book.
    Diana
    www.pencilancer.com

    ReplyDelete

I hope you have been blessed by my blog. Thank you for your comments.