Ps 91 (NKJV)

3 Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler, and from the perilous pestilence.4 He shall cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you shall take refuge; His truth shall be your shield and buckler.5 You shall not be afraid of the terror by night, nor of the arrow that flies by day,6 nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness, nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Names of God Meme


Ahh, it's Thursday again. I GET to give praise to my God for all that He is and for all that He does. Even if no one else joins me, still I will praise Him.

This week I will focus on God, my Creator. Tuesday I read Job 41. It describes a leviathan, which the footnote says is a large sea creature. To me it sounds like a dragon that can swim.  :)  God's description is so specific to this animal, I can almost see it - well, I can, but I really do see a dragon. Go read it for yourself. It's awesome.

What else did God create that is unusual or confounding?

The first thing I think of is a platypus. Those things are downright weird looking; AND they lay eggs.

Man is on my mind now, but we'll get to him in a moment.

Horses: majestic, and powerful. Different horses have been bred to do different things. Coco (pictured here) is a Tennessee Walking Horse. She was bred to WALK, though she tends to want to go faster.

Now, back to man. In the beginning of Genesis, God creates all things. Then He gets to man. The last thing He does is create man in His own image. How awesome to be the very image of God.

I often wonder what God looks like. Every single person is different, even in small ways. He formed everyone of us unique, like the snowflake. I was watching or reading something recently about DNA and music. Everyone knows that our DNA is unique, but did you know that your DNA can be made into music. Each person has a different song. I'm not sure how it works and I couldn't find a reference to it on the 'net (well, not what I'd seen specifically, there are plenty of sites out there).

God is so creative.

A closing thought. Psalm 139 is a tribute to how much God loves us. Here's an excerpt for you, but you really should read the whole thing.

13 For You formed my inward parts;
         You covered me in my mother’s womb.
 14 I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
         Marvelous are Your works,
         And that my soul knows very well.
 15 My frame was not hidden from You,
         When I was made in secret,
         And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
 16 Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.
         And in Your book they all were written,
         The days fashioned for me,
         When as yet there were none of them. 

God loves you, dear one, each and every bone in your body and hair on your head. He is your creator. He is my creator.
How awesome is Your name O God!

As always,
under HIS wing,
Ginger

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you have been blessed by my blog. Thank you for your comments.