Ps 91 (NKJV)

3 Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler, and from the perilous pestilence.4 He shall cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you shall take refuge; His truth shall be your shield and buckler.5 You shall not be afraid of the terror by night, nor of the arrow that flies by day,6 nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness, nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.

Saturday, October 22, 2011

My Provider


I apologize that this meme didn't show up until today. I don't usually have weeks like this past one, and when I do, they surprise me with their busyness. Better late than never, right?

Growing up, I didn't have much. My dad, what I remember anyway, was fickle about work. I can count a number of jobs that he had (different sorts of jobs, not just different employers for the same job) while I was growing up. He moved out when I was fourteen. My mom worked a full-time job and by that time it was only her and I, but even then it was hard to support a family with only one income, doable, but difficult. She did the best she could, but I did without a lot of stuff.

College didn't seem like an option, but I applied anyway. I got accepted to a local university and received enough money that I didn't have to pay for anything. At one point, I needed some money for books or something, I don't even remember what at the moment. I remember crying to my boyfriend, now my husband, about not having the money. He told me that God would provide. To be honest, I doubt I believed him. Church was not high on my parents' priority list and I was just getting to know God at the time.

Not long after that, I received a check in the mail. I don't remember who it was from, though my husband still has the stub from it. It was enough for what I needed. My boyfriend made me write on the back of it God always provides for my needs. I believe it now.

We, however, have different ideas of what our needs are. God promises in His Word that he will provide what we NEED. Matthew 6:25-34 (NKJV)

25 “Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 27 Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?
28 “So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; 29 and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?
31 “Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.


I know that God sees things different than me. Isaiah says so in chapter 55. Sometimes we wish and wish for things to be the way we envision them, but I choose to believe God has my best interest at heart and that whatever comes my way will be because someone else needs to hear my testimony or I need to grow.

God provided for me monetarily. How has He provided for you? 

As always,
under HIS wings,
Ginger


No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you have been blessed by my blog. Thank you for your comments.