Ps 91 (NKJV)

3 Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler, and from the perilous pestilence.4 He shall cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you shall take refuge; His truth shall be your shield and buckler.5 You shall not be afraid of the terror by night, nor of the arrow that flies by day,6 nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness, nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happenings on the Farm

I have this intense desire to write a blog, but as I sit here to write nothing amazing, or incredible occurs to me.

Instead I'll write about things happening here at the farm.

*It's clean-up time. This past weekend, my husband trimmed the grape vines and sprayed our fruit trees. I transplanted a few rogue crepe myrtle saplings, trimmed the crepe myrtle mom (tree from which the saplings came from), transplanted a trumpetvine (I hope), trimmed a butterfly bush, and pruned a lilac bush--with the help of my children.

*My husband has started his seedlings of broccoli, and probably some other stuff that I don't know about.

*I've started incubating chicken eggs (from our hens) for a new batch of chicks. One of my hens has decided to make her own batch. Usually I steal her eggs, but I've decided that I'll just leave her this year and see if she can successfully raise a brood of babies. They're so cute when they're brand new. The cute goes away real quick though.

*Nearly got kicked in the head by one of my mares today. When it finally dries up I've got some work to do to remind them who's the boss.

*My husband and son will be taking a trip soon for my third son's 16th birthday. He's decided to go skiing--glad I don't have to take him. The last son who took a trip came home with a broken arm. Pray with me that they'll both come home without significant injury. :)

*Two and a half weeks ago I sent my completed manuscript (an inspirational Scottish Historical Romance) to an editor and an agent. It has been the longest few weeks of my LIFE, I think. Well, maybe not--those last few weeks before my due dates were pretty slow. LOL

*Next week--after my birthday, of course--I will be starting the Shred diet by Dr. Ian Smith. I plan to follow the guidelines closely and hope to lose a lot of weight.

Okay, so what has your February been like? What do the next few weeks look like for you? Are you as ready for Spring weather as I am?

Blessings,
Ginger


HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!



2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the peek into your farm. Our winter is clinging on still. Though the snow is melting, bit by bit, we could easily have another cold snap or a blizzard or two. Spring/summer/fall mean so much work outside that I'm finding myself still content with winter. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's still early yet, and I'm sure we'll have several more intermittent days of winter weather. But Spring will be here soon, and I can't wait. :)

    ReplyDelete

I hope you have been blessed by my blog. Thank you for your comments.