Ps 91 (NKJV)

3 Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler, and from the perilous pestilence.4 He shall cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you shall take refuge; His truth shall be your shield and buckler.5 You shall not be afraid of the terror by night, nor of the arrow that flies by day,6 nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness, nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Review: Flight of the Earls by Michael K. Reynolds


I'm not up on my Irish history, even though I'm of Irish descent from a couple different ancestors. The incidents in this book revealed a part of Irish history I'd heard about, but only in passing. The life and trials of Clare Hanley are well-described and each chapter drew me further into her life.

If you enjoy historical fiction, this book certainly lives up to that expectation. I prefer the romantic side of historical fiction, and "Flight of the Earls" does have some romance, but not enough to categorize it in the romance genre. However, it kept me engaged and willing to spend my time reading it.

Back cover:
 It’s 1846 in Ireland. When her family’s small farm is struck by famine, Clare Hanley and her younger brother, Seamus, set out across the ocean to the Promised Land of America.

Five years prior, Clare’s older sister Margaret and her Uncle Tomas emigrated in similar fashion and were not to be heard from again. But Clare must face her fears as she lands in the coming-of-age city of New York. There she discovers love, adventure, tragedy, and a terrible secret which threatens to destroy her family and all she believes.

Flight of the Earls is the first book in a historical novel trilogy based on Irish immigration in the 1840s.

Rating: 4 stars

More about Michael K. Reynolds: http://www.michaelkreynolds.com/
To purchase "Flight of the Earls": Amazon

Blessings,
Ginger

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you have been blessed by my blog. Thank you for your comments.