Ps 91 (NKJV)

3 Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler, and from the perilous pestilence.4 He shall cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you shall take refuge; His truth shall be your shield and buckler.5 You shall not be afraid of the terror by night, nor of the arrow that flies by day,6 nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness, nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Wednesday Worship - Courage continued

Wednesday Worship

 

 

 
I decided just now to change the name of Wednesday's blog to Wednesday Worship. I think sharing with you, my readers and friends, my insight from the past week is a form of worship to God. I would be nothing without Him.

 
Today I want to continue our chat about courage. Last week I posted about Ruth. I started reading Esther, a book about another courageous woman of the Bible. I haven't completed the book, so I'll save my Esther insights for another time.

 
Yesterday I felt led to add sticky notes to my desktop. Each note has a verse about courage in a different color. My plan is to memorize these four Scriptures to encourage myself when fear invades my thoughts.

 
Acts 27:25(NLT)
So take courage! For I believe God. It will be just as he said.

Joshua 1:9(NLT)

This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.

1 Corinthians 16:13(NLT)

Be on guard. Stand firm in the faith. Be courageous.[a] Be strong.

Psalm 27:14(NLT)

Wait patiently for the LORD. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the LORD.


What awesome verses God planted throughout the Bible to encourage us.

Do you have a verse that you have taped somewhere or that you've memorized that encourages you on the days your down? Would you share it with us?

Blessings,
Ginger

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you have been blessed by my blog. Thank you for your comments.