Ps 91 (NKJV)

3 Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler, and from the perilous pestilence.4 He shall cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you shall take refuge; His truth shall be your shield and buckler.5 You shall not be afraid of the terror by night, nor of the arrow that flies by day,6 nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness, nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Jesus is the TRUTH



John 14:6

"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.'"

Dictionary.com defines truth as:
1. the true or actual state of a matter: He tried to find out the truth.
2. conformity with fact or reality; verity: the truth of a statement.
3. a verified or indisputable fact, proposition, principle, or the like: mathematical truths.
4. the state or character of being true.
5. actuality or actual existence.
 
If we are to be like Jesus, then we must be truthful. And yet, how many times do we tell "white" lies? We can justify it to ourselves by saying that it's not hurting anyone, but do you really know that.
 
My husband and I decided early on in our parenting that Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and the tooth fairy were not going to be perpetrated as real people to our children. Those are just little white lies that don't hurt anyone right? But what if your child thinks to himself, "If Mom/Dad said their was a Santa and there's not, then maybe there's not a Jesus either."? That has eternal consequences.
 
What is your response (and mine) to the question, "How are you?" Mine is usually, "Fine," or "Good" even when I'm not. But then the person asking typically doesn't care anyway, right? Why not just answer truthfully? "I'm a bit tired," or "I've had a rough week," or even "It's been great." There's no need to expound, but there's no reason to put on the mask of perfection when that's just not the case.
 
Life is short. Don't waste it being untruthful. God despises liars. Don't let him think of you that way.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh - I've never thought of it that way! (the santa part) Hmmmm....you've given me something to chew on today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan - thanks for commenting. Giving my readers something to chew on is my ultimate goal. I appreciate the confirmation that I have achieved it, at least with this post. :)

    ReplyDelete

I hope you have been blessed by my blog. Thank you for your comments.